Portland Furnace Repair
HEATER REPAIRS FROM NATE-CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
When winter rolls around, having a working furnace could mean the difference between a wonderful holiday season and the chilliest, most unpleasant few months of the year. Not only for you and your family’s comfort, but for your collective safety, it’s important to know a reliable service company, so you can ensure your system receives all the proper upkeep it needs.
At A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical, our technicians have the skills and resources necessary to keep your furnace working properly from season to season over many years. With an experienced team capable of handling both electric and gas units, we work tirelessly to help your system run smoother and operate for longer. Call now for Portland furnace repair and other services, and stop shivering when winter rolls around.
Call A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical today at (503) 694-3396 to schedule a furnace repair in Portland!
When Is it Time to Call for Furnace Repair?
While you may not think of your furnace very often when it’s working properly, chances are it won’t take you long to notice when it needs repairs. In addition to colder indoor temperatures, there are several other warning signs you should look for, which are key indicators your furnace may be on the fritz. Remember, the sooner you call for repairs, the better, as waiting too long can result in increasingly costly fixes, if not forcing you to replace your system completely.
Signs there’s a problem with your furnace include:
- It is giving off a burning smell
- It’s making strange rattling or banging noises
- It turns off and on erratically
- It doesn’t turn on at all
- It’s not communicating with the thermostat
- It runs for extended periods of time without properly heating your home
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, your furnace may be suffering from a range of issues, including a faulty furnace connection, dusty air filters, electrical wiring problems, and more. If left unaddressed, these issues can cause your furnace to “short cycle,” in which your system shuts down, only to restart a short time later, leaving your house unevenly heated and increasing your energy bill. Luckily, our skilled Portland HVAC technicians at A-TEMP are able to diagnose issues quickly, and offer comprehensive repair solutions which can improve your furnace’s performance and save you serious money.
FURNACE REPAIR VS. FURNACE REPLACEMENT
There are certain modern conveniences that we all just assume are going to work. Many of us wake up in the morning, put on clean clothes in our warm homes, put our keys in our car’s ignition, turn them and the car starts. When your furnace breaks, it’s usually unexpected. Should you repair or replace it? The answer to this question depends on a variety of factors that you’ll need to weigh for yourself.
Factors to consider when considering furnace repair or replacement:
- Is your current equipment a safety hazard? - The first and most important question you should ask yourself is whether your current heating equipment is a safety hazard to yourself and your family. If your gas furnace is a safety hazard and cannot be reasonably repaired to make it safe to use, then you don’t really have a choice. It needs to be replaced.
- What is the age of your current equipment? - There are a lot of different factors that affect the lifespan of heating equipment, and every piece of equipment is different. However, in the Portland Metro area we consider 15 years to be the general life expectancy of most heating equipment.
- What is the repair history of your current equipment? - Even if your equipment isn’t technically nearing the end of its estimated life, it may already have an extensive history of breakdowns. If you’ve already had to dump a bunch of money in repairs on your current system, it might be time to consider investing in a new one rather than continuing to spend money on an antiquated piece of equipment.
- What is the cost of the repair? - This is a big factor in whether to repair or replace your equipment. If the cost is significant, $800 or more, and the system is in the latter half of its expected life, it may be a good idea to replace it rather than investing a significant amount of money in the current one.
- Could you save money with a higher efficiency heating system? - If you are planning on living in the home for several more years at minimum, then you are more likely to be able to reap the savings that higher efficiency systems generate over time in reduced utility costs. In fact, it may make sense to replace older, inefficient equipment with a new high efficiency system even if the old one is still working!
Every situation is unique. You’ll have to weigh all the factors for yourself and decide what makes the most sense for you and your family. However, you’ll likely need some help from a Portland heating company to get all the information necessary to make an informed decision. We’re here to help! Give us a call and we can help you gather all the information you’ll need.
Emergency Furnace Repair Service
When your furnace quits suddenly, we are here to provide quality repair service. We understand that staying in a cold house with no heat is unpleasant and can even be a health hazard. We offer emergency furnace repair service after hours to get your furnace up and running as soon as possible.
Our technicians are experts at troubleshooting a wide variety of furnace problems. We can diagnose and repair electrical wiring problems, faulty connections, dirty air filters, short cycling, and many other problems. After we have inspected your furnace, we will explain the work that is needed to get it up and running again.
Why People Love A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical
As a Better Business Bureau accredited company and a Home Advisor "screened and approved" Elite business, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of customer care. We take pride in going above and beyond for the people of the larger Portland area, which is why our services come with a no-risk, 100% satisfaction guarantee for 12 months. And with top-of-the-line, industry-leading brands, referral rewards for loyal customers, and our Comfort Club maintenance program, there’s no reason not to call A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical for all your furnace repairs, installations, and tune-ups.
Call today or contact us online to schedule heater repair in Portland!