Did you know that you should have your air ducts cleaned every three to five years? Dust particles, pet dander, secondhand smoke, micro bacteria, and mold can all get stuck in the ductwork of your Portland home. Over time, this can compromise the quality of your air. When your air conditioner or furnace kicks on, it blows these harmful pathogens into every room of your house.
You may notice that you are more fatigued, suffer from more respiratory illnesses, experience eye irritation, or have harsher allergies than ever. A good duct cleaning may resolve these problems. At A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical, we have been helping homeowners with indoor air quality issues for more than 50 years. Our licensed and insured duct cleaning technicians in Portland and Oregon City always provide award-winning customer-centered service. In fact, your 100% satisfaction is guaranteed.
Our Portland duct cleaning service is available for extended hours with no overtime charges. Call A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical today at (503) 694-3396.
We follow the Environmental Protection Agency regulations for thorough duct cleaning. This means using specialized tools to remove dirt and debris and then cleaning the entire system with a special vacuum. We may also suggest adding special chemical biocides to kill bacteria. Depending on the state of your ducts, this can take anywhere from three to eight hours.
We will need to consider the following:
- Size of your system
- Accessibility of the ductwork
- Climatic region
- Amount of time since your last cleaning
- Contamination level
Don’t worry, we will make sure to give you a detailed cost overview before we begin. We also promise to respect your home by using protective shoe covers and hall runners. If we make a mess, we promise to clean it up.
How Often Do You Need Professional Duct Cleaning?
Did you know that you should have your air ducts cleaned every three to five years? Dust particles, pet dander, secondhand smoke, micro bacteria, and mold can all get stuck in the ductwork of your Portland home.
Over time, this can compromise the quality of your air. When your air conditioner or furnace kicks on, it blows these harmful pathogens into every room of your house.
Signs You Have Dirty Air Ducts
Your home's air ducts play a vital role in circulating conditioned air throughout your living spaces, ensuring comfort and maintaining a healthy indoor environment. However, over time, these ducts can accumulate dust, dirt, allergens, and other contaminants, which can negatively impact the air quality in your home.
At A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical, we understand the importance of clean air ducts and the benefits they provide.
Here are some signs that indicate you may have dirty ducts and should consider professional air duct cleaning services in Portland:
- Visible Dust and Debris: One of the most apparent signs of dirty air ducts is the presence of visible dust and debris around your supply and return air vents. If you notice dust particles or cobwebs around these areas, it is an indication that your ductwork may need cleaning. Over time, dust can accumulate inside the ducts, leading to poor indoor air quality.
- Frequent Allergy Symptoms: If you or your family members experience frequent allergy symptoms, such as sneezing, coughing, congestion, or watery eyes, it could be a result of dirty air ducts. Allergens like pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and dust mites can get trapped in the ductwork and recirculate throughout your home, triggering allergic reactions. Professional air duct cleaning can help remove these contaminants, providing relief to allergy sufferers.
- Unpleasant Odors: Foul or musty odors coming from your HVAC system or vents can be a sign of dirty ducts. Accumulated dirt, mold, or even pests like rodents can cause unpleasant smells to circulate in your home every time you turn on your heating or cooling system. If you notice persistent odors, even after cleaning your living spaces, it's essential to have your air ducts inspected and cleaned by professionals.
- Reduced Airflow: If you find that certain rooms in your home receive less airflow than others or that the air coming from your vents feels weak, it could indicate blockages or obstructions in your ductwork. Over time, dirt and debris can accumulate in the ducts, restricting airflow and affecting the efficiency of your HVAC system. Professional air duct cleaning can help remove these blockages, allowing air to flow freely and evenly throughout your home.
- Increased Energy Bills: Dirty air ducts can lead to decreased HVAC system efficiency, forcing it to work harder to maintain the desired temperature in your home. As a result, you may notice a significant increase in your energy bills. By cleaning your air ducts, you can restore the optimal airflow and improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling system, helping you save on energy costs in the long run.
If you notice any of these signs in your Portland home, it's time to consider professional air duct cleaning services from A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical.
Physical Signs That Your Might Need Your Air Ducts Cleaned
Your ducts might be clogged if you notice that you:
- Are feeling more fatigued than usual
- Suffering from more respiratory illnesses
- Experiencing eye irritation
- Are having harsher allergies than ever.
A good duct cleaning may resolve these problems.
We Work Hard to Exceed Expectations
We Believe in Treating People Right
We Have Decades of Experience
The Company You Can Trust For Air Duct Cleaning in Portland, OR
Make sure to hire a team you can trust. At A-TEMP, we are proud to be a member of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America. We are also an Angie’s List Super Service award winner. Our family-centered team always goes the extra mile to make sure that you are completely comfortable.
“Call them. You won't be disappointed.”- Sara T.
“Great work!”- Dave & Anne (the meatball guy)
“GREAT JOB WYLIE!!! (and A-Temp too)”- Pat
“I regard Lee as a valuable representative of your company.”- Bob T.
“They are an excellent team”- Marolyn H
“Great work”- Bobby Rudolph