Portland AC Repair Services
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
An air conditioning system that has stopped working obviously needs to be repaired. However, you don’t have to wait until the unit completely breaks down to call for help. Scheduling repair service at the first sign of a problem allows our AC repair technicians to get the air conditioner fixed quickly, so you can avoid unexpected equipment failure.
Signs Your AC Needs Repair:
- If it isn’t cooling your home sufficiently
- If it makes loud creaking noise
- If you are experiencing inconsistent temperatures throughout your home
- If it takes too long to get cool
- If it is emitting strange smells
- If your utility bills have steadily increased
- If there is an increase in humidity levels in your home
- If it is producing warm air
Our Portland air conditioner repair technicians have the training and skill needed to identify issues with a wide range of air conditioning equipment. We provide ongoing training to ensure that our technicians are familiar with the latest air conditioning equipment and emerging technologies. We can also help with air conditioning installations and indoor air quality concerns!
If you are trapped with a broken AC system, call (503) 694-3396 to schedule prompt Portland AC repair service.
Why Is My Air Conditioner Running but Not Cooling the House?
If your AC unit is running but not producing any cool air, your outdoor condenser unit may be obstructed. This issue could also be caused by a faulty or incorrectly set thermostat or clogged air filter. To best determine the specific source of the problem, we recommend consulting with an AC repair technician from our team who can identify the cause and necessary solution. However, broken thermostats, and blocked filters or condensers are not the only reasons for an air conditioning repair.
Other Common Causes of AC Repairs:
- Low refrigerant levels
- Malfunctioning fan
- Damaged motor
- Blocked drain line
- Tripped circuit breakers
- Faulty wiring to the air conditioner
- Condenser coils that are dirty
- Evaporator coils that are frozen
- Damaged capacitor or compressor
- Mechanical wear-and-tear
- Lack of regular AC maintenance
At A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical, our expert team will carefully inspect your air conditioning system to identify the problem and get your system running again.
When Is AC Repair Considered an Emergency?
AC repair is usually considered an emergency if it presents a risk to the health, safety, or comfort of individuals or the building. Some situations where AC repair would likely be considered an emergency include:
- Extreme Heat: In regions with high temperatures, a faulty air conditioner can lead to heat exhaustion, dehydration, and other heat-related illnesses.
- Humidity: High levels of humidity may cause mold growth, which can lead to health issues such as allergies and respiratory problems.
- Health Concerns: If a person in the building has a health condition that requires a cool and dry environment, such as asthma, then AC repair may be considered an emergency.
- Electrical Issues: If the AC system is sparking, smoking, or creating a burning smell, it could be a fire hazard and require immediate attention.
- Business Interruption: If the building houses a business, a malfunctioning AC system can affect productivity and lead to a loss of customers and revenue.
If your air conditioning system is causing discomfort or posing a health risk, it's best to consider it an emergency and contact our experienced technicians for repair as soon as possible.
Schedule responsive 24-hour emergency AC repair in Portland, OR by calling (503) 694-3396or submitting your infoonline today!
24/7 Expert Repairs from NATE-Certified Techs In Clackamas, Multnomah & Washington Counties
Being stuck indoors without a properly functioning air conditioning system is extremely unpleasant. On the hottest days of summer, it can be a health and safety hazard. The experienced NATE-certified technicians at A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical offer high quality AC repair in Portland, Clackamas, Oregon City, Tigard, and beyond, for all types of air conditioning units.
When the air conditioner quits in the middle of a summer heat wave, you can count on our team to respond quickly to your call. We offer emergency AC repair in Portland for problems that occur suddenly, so you won’t be left to suffer in the extreme heat. Whether you have a problem with the condenser, indoor coil, or outdoor coil, we will get it fixed, so you can enjoy the rest of your summer in comfort.
Call (503) 694-3396 today to schedule an AC repair service in Portland, Beaverton,or nearby.
Our Smile ClubRecent Reviews, Testimonials, & Stories For Our Customers
- Sara T.
- Dave & Anne (the meatball guy)
- Bob T.
- Marolyn H
- Bobby Rudolph