Of all of the many various components of your electrical system, there may not be any that are more commonly-used or important than your many various outlets and switches found throughout your home. Outlets are what allow you to plug your devices in, giving them access to electricity to operate. Switches make it so these outlets work or not, making it simple to turn them on or off. We use both of these devices so commonly every single day that we more than likely just don’t even think about them.
Switch Services Throughout Portland
You depend on switches to turn on lights, but they can do so much more than that as well. Switches can be used to turn on ceiling fans, control speed, adjust brightness, change volume, change light color, and so much more! There are so many different options for what you could do with modern technology that the possibilities are nearly limitless!
Upgrade Your Outlets for Safety and Convenience
Are your outlets outdated or not meeting your electrical needs? It may be time to consider upgrading your outlets for improved safety and convenience. At A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical, we offer comprehensive outlet services to ensure your home's electrical system is up to date and functioning properly.
Benefits of upgrading your outlets include:
- Enhanced safety: Older outlets may not have the necessary safety features to protect against electrical hazards. Upgrading to newer outlets with built-in GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) technology can help prevent electrical shocks and reduce the risk of fires.
- Increased convenience: Outdated outlets may not have enough receptacles or USB ports to accommodate all your devices. By upgrading to outlets with additional receptacles or built-in USB ports, you can easily charge multiple devices without the need for bulky adapters.
- Improved functionality: Newer outlets offer advanced features such as tamper-resistant receptacles, which provide added protection against accidental insertion of foreign objects. Additionally, smart outlets allow you to control your electrical devices remotely, providing convenience and energy savings.
- Energy efficiency: Upgrading to energy-efficient outlets can help reduce energy waste and lower your electricity bills. Energy-efficient outlets automatically detect when a device is fully charged and cut off power, preventing standby power consumption.
Whether you need outlet replacements, additional outlets installed, or want to explore smart outlet options, our experienced team is here to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and upgrade your outlets for a safer and more convenient home.
While some devices are wired into our home like ceiling fans and light fixtures, the overwhelming majority of our devices need to be plugged into an electrical outlet in order to operate. This means it’s important to not only have working outlets, but many of them. Outlet placement is also crucial—having an outlet in an unreachable place does no good, nor does it do you any good to not have an outlet where you need one.
Comprehensive Outlet Services
Today, modern outlets are so much more than they used to be. While the premise is essentially the same, you can even purchase outlets which have additional features, such as LED lighting for night visibility or a USB port for phone charging without hogging a much-needed plug.
We Can Help With Each of the Following Outlet Services:
- Outlet replacement
- New outlet installation
- Outlet relocation
- Outlet testing & maintenance
We even install, service, and maintain ground-fault circuit interrupter outlets, or GFCIs for short. These important devices should be installed on every outdoor outlet, as well as anywhere else water may be present like kitchen outlets and bathrooms.
When Is It Time to Upgrade Your Outlets?
Given their steady, reliable performance delivering electricity to our appliances and devices, it’s tempting to take our outlets for granted, but they do have a lifespan. The easiest way to know when you need to update your outlets is to have an electrician inspect your home. There are also other warning signs that can clue you in when it’s time to make a change:
You May Need an Outlet Replacement in Portland If:
- You live in a home that is more than a few decades old
- There are visible sparks when you plug in your devices
- The circuits in your home get tripped frequently
- Sockets in the outlet become wiggly or loose
Why should you care? Old outlets can turn into safety hazard. Sometimes, the wires connected to the outlets become loose or frayed, creating an immediate fire danger – but this can be prevented by installing new outlets.
We Work Hard to Exceed Expectations
We Believe in Treating People Right
We Have Decades of Experience
However, they’re not immune from wear and tear, and over time they may need to be repaired or replaced. At A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical, we offer a full range of switch and outlet services in Portland so that you don’t have to stress about a worn-out socket or intermittent switch. We care for your home, and that’s why each of our services is designed to achieve your complete satisfaction with quality work and professional-grade components.
Whether it’s replacing every outlet in your home, or simply getting a broken light switch to work, you can depend on us to get to the root of the problem and repair it properly so everything works as it should.
“Call them. You won't be disappointed.”- Sara T.
“Great work!”- Dave & Anne (the meatball guy)
“GREAT JOB WYLIE!!! (and A-Temp too)”- Pat
“I regard Lee as a valuable representative of your company.”- Bob T.
“They are an excellent team”- Marolyn H
“Great work”- Bobby Rudolph