Furnace Installation in Portland
Reliable Heater Replacements for over 50 years!
Staying warm throughout the winter is no small task, especially in the frigid cold of Portland. With freezing temperatures, snow, and ice all being quite common, the last thing you want to have to deal with is a cold house. However, that’s exactly what you’ll have to deal with if your furnace gives out on you. Replacing an old furnace is a huge job, and requires a considerable amount of experience, knowledge, and training to do properly. That means you should depend on a professional, and those who need a professional in the Portland area know they can trust A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical for a job done right.
A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical is a name that has become known for quality, reliability, and outstanding customer service. When it comes to furnace installation in Portland, we’ve handled jobs both large and small for many different shapes and sizes of homes. We’re your number-one source for all your heating needs—we install premium-quality systems that are perfectly sized to your home and your budget, and we always use professional-grade materials and components to ensure that your system exceeds our rigorous standards of quality. We’re passionate about what we do, and as a small business we’re homeowners that live in our community too. That means we understand the stress of needing a new furnace, and we do everything we can to remove it.
Replacing Your Furnace
Do you need a new furnace? Will repairing your existing furnace keep it running longer? This is often a difficult question for the average person to answer. Your home’s comfort system is one of the most important pieces of equipment in your house. Keeping track of how efficiently and effectively your furnace or heat pump is running is crucial in knowing when it is time to replace it before repairs become too expensive, or it becomes unsafe to operate. There are a few factors which may influence whether repair or replacement is the optimal choice. For newer systems, a repair is most likely the way to go, but there are other factors which can influence your decision.
You may need a new furnace if any of the following are true:
- Your system is getting up in age (10 years or older) - Furnaces generally have a lifespan of 16 to 20 years. If your system is less than 12 years old, and you have maintained it properly, you can probably rest easy. If your system is over 16 years old, or if it has not been regularly inspected and maintained, it may be time to start shopping
- The cost of your repair is a significant portion of replacing the entire system - Just like a car, home comfort systems will need repairs more often as they get older. If you have had a repair in the past couple of years, did you need to wait for parts? The older a system gets, the more difficult it is to get the parts to fix it. Waiting for that part during a cold snap could feel like a very long time.
- Your energy bills have been steadily increasing - If your gas or electric bills are showing higher usage, or have suddenly spiked, it could be that your older furnace is working overtime to maintain the temperature in your home. Working harder often means that the system will run longer, costing you more.
- Your system has longer cycle times due to decreased heating ability - Are some rooms in your home too cool while others are uncomfortably warm? Are you adjusting the thermostat more often to find a pleasant temperature? An older heating system that is losing efficiency can struggle to maintain temperature throughout the house.
- Your system is making odd rattling or banging noises - If your system is making unusual noises, banging sounds, rattling or squealing, it can signal that the end is near. If you hear the blower running excessively or it is sometimes blowing cold air, this is another sign that the furnace could be nearing a breakdown.
Improvements to furnace technology has resulted in much more efficient heating systems. Updating your old furnace will keep your home warm, and new furnaces cost less to run. The savings in your home heating costs can help recoup the cost of the installation. Our technicians can evaluate your home heating needs and recommend furnaces that are the right size for your home.
Keep Your New System Running Great
Want to keep your new furnace running smoothly and make the most of your substantial investment? Make sure to maintain it with professional furnace maintenance services from our Portland heating professionals! These maintenance services are designed to keep your system healthy and running happily all season long. That means lower energy costs, fewer costly and frustrating breakdowns, and more warmth and heat for less money out of your pocket!
Need a new heater in Portland? Contact us online to schedule a furnace replacement!