Are you moving into a new house? Looking to upgrade your daily comfort level? Or maybe you want to incorporate your HVAC equipment into your larger smart home system?
If any of this sounds like you, it may be time to contact A-TEMP Heating, Cooling & Electrical for a new thermostat.“But what type of thermostat is right for me?”, you might be asking. It is true that with modern technology, there are now more home comfort options than ever. Keep reading about all the types of thermostats we offer at A-TEMP Bros., and remember to call our skilled HVAC experts for all your heating and cooling needs.
The 5 Types of Thermostats to Choose From:
- Mechanical/Manual Thermostats: The standards type of thermostat that you can still find in homes across America is what’s known as a mechanical or manual thermostat. This is the most basic thermostat model on the market and contains only two major components: a switch to turn it on and off and a dial for you to adjust the temperature. While comfort technology has come a long way since manual thermostats were invented, they still work fine for some homeowners, and if you wish, A-TEMP can help you repair your mechanical thermostat.
- Digital Thermostats: Digital models are also among the most common type of thermostats in America, and are the standard for many modern houses. Digital thermostats are actually similar to manual thermostats in that they use simple controls (i.e. on and off, up and down) to control your temperature. The only difference is that with these thermostats, adjustments are made with a small, easy-to-read digital screen.
- Smart/Programmable Thermostats: Programmable thermostats are actually digital thermostats, too. But unlike non-programmable digital thermostats, this type of device regulates temperatures all on its own. That’s right—all you have to is install a programmable thermostat, then just input your desired temperature. Also known as “smart” thermostats, programmable thermostats have become popular among many homeowners because they are easy to use and control your household temperatures all on their own.
- Wireless Thermostats: Wireless thermostats are another type of smart, programmable thermostats. The main advantage of these devices is that they can be controlled remotely from anywhere, using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Also known as “wi-fi thermostats,” all you need to do is download an app to control your wireless thermostat, and then feel free to adjust temperatures from your home, office, or even on vacation. This way, you can control your temperature based around when you’re actually home, achieving greater comfort as soon as you walk through the door and saving a lot of money when you’re away for long periods of time.
- Learning Thermostats: Of all the smart thermostats listed here, learning thermostats are the most intelligent by far. These thermostats actually take note of your specific comfort preferences, so within a short amount of time, they can learn your desired temperatures and make automatic adjustments without you having to do anything! The latest evolution in thermostat and smart home technology, these cutting-edge devices are designed to help you save money and to ensure you always receive the appropriate temperature for every room and every time of day.