With summer winding down, cold weather is just around the corner. Make sure your furnace is prepared to handle the upcoming weather changes by performing some simple maintenance tasks. Thorough maintenance is one of the best ways to ensure your system runs as efficiently and effectively as possible come fall. Continue reading to learn more.
8 Easy Steps to a Healthy Furnace
Be sure to handle your furnace maintenance at the end of summer or the beginning of fall to ensure your system is fully prepared to keep your home warm and cozy without experiencing breakdowns.
Below are 8 simple tasks you can perform to take care of your furnace:
- Check and replace your air filter (every 1-3 months)
- Remove any debris or objects surrounding your outside unit (i.e., dirt, leaves, gardening tools, etc.)
- Open your air registers and make sure nothing is blocking them (i.e., curtains, drapes, cabinets, etc.)
- Test your thermostat
- Remove any flammable objects surrounding your furnace
- Clean your air registers to remove any built-up dust
- Schedule professional duct cleaning
- Schedule a professional maintenance appointment
Benefits of Professional Furnace Maintenance
Having your system inspected, tested, and tuned up by a qualified professional is the surest way to ensure your furnace is in top shape. A trained and licensed technician knows how to easily identify and resolve problem areas, test each component of your system, tighten loose electrical connections, lubricate motor components, clean dirty components, and ensure your system’s performance.
Some of the key benefits of professional maintenance include:
- Preventing major repairs and breakdowns
- Maximizing your energy efficiency
- Extending the lifespan of your HVAC equipment
- Reducing your energy bills
- Ensuring strong, consistent airflow
- Improving indoor air quality
- Satisfying your manufacturer’s warranty
- Enhancing your indoor comfort
Call A-Temp Heating, Cooling & Electrical Today!
As the most trusted name in HVAC, A-Temp Heating, Cooling & Electrical has the tools, technology, and skills necessary to keep your furnace running better for longer. We offer comprehensive maintenance services through our Comfort Club that are guaranteed to keep your furnace in great shape for as long as possible. As a member of the Comfort Club, you can enjoy annual HVAC tune-ups, savings and discounts, priority scheduling, and reduced diagnostic fees.
Skipping out on routine maintenance is the leading cause of premature furnace failure. Make sure your system doesn’t break down when you need it most by putting A-Temp Heating, Cooling & Electrical on your side.
Schedule furnace maintenance today by calling (503) 694-3396 or sending us a message online. We look forward to serving you!