With winter comes cold air, plenty of rain and snow. Using these quick, useful tips, you can transition into the winter months with ease.
Tips for your home:
- Complete activities requiring a ladder all at once, when the weather is nice and the ground is dry
- If you have a technician out to check your heating system, have him check related equipment.
- If you have a professional out to deal with windows, siding, and roofing, have them check your entire exterior for additional problems
- Clean any ducts in your household. It improves furnace productivity, reduce household dust, and provide relief for family members with respiratory problems
- Consider having your chimney inspected – start by getting it checked by a professional every year – but if it is considerably clean, you can adjust the inspections to every couple years
- Make sure bird & rodent screens are in good shape. During the colder months, many critters flee to warm, humid attics. While your home may save their lives for a few months, it can cause severe damage to your attic & house if left untreated
- Caulk around window frames, repair any cracked or broken window panes/screens, and check for rotted wood around window areas